The Georgetown Global Health Institute (“GHI”), located at 4000 Reservoir Road, NW Building D, serves as a university-wide platform for supporting research, teaching, and service in global health and for developing concrete solutions to the health challenges facing families and communities throughout the world.
The GHI seeks to hire a Graduate Research Assistant to support the work of the Global Health Institute under the direct supervision of the Director Dr. Deus Bazira. The position will start on July 3, 2023 through December 10, 2023 and may be extended.
The Research Assistant will:
- Undertake a landscape analysis of global health institutes at U.S universities including:
- Their missions
- Focus research, service and education initiatives
- Governance structures
- Relationship with schools, departments and centers/institutes within their home institutions
- Geographical reach
- Partnerships and funding profile
- Carry out a desk top review of Georgetown’s global health impact over the last five years (2017-2022) including:
- Inventory of global health research centers, programs, initiatives
- Publications throughput;
- Inventory of all global health academic programs at Georgetown from certificate through to doctoral level and their academic homes;
- Compiling a list of all global health student-led organizations and their focus areas;
- Interview faculty and staff at Georgetown involved in global health work including:
- Their perspectives & opinions over facilitators and barriers to their work
- Their recommendations for optimizing global health support at Georgetown
- Their views about what should be priorities for the Georgetown University Global Health Institute
- Draft GU’s global health impact report over the last five years;
- Other tasks as assigned, including participating in GHI meetings and assisting with planning/executing GHI events.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse team of employees. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.